The Westbrook Trust
The Westbrook Trust is made up of a community of schools that aim to ‘achieve together’ the best possible outcomes for all to improve their futures. We embrace the chance to collaborate with like-minded schools and academies because we all benefit and learn from the opportunities this brings.
By 'achieving together' our aim is that:
- are all extremely well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- are healthy, resilient, confident and independent. They are global citizens.
- are actively engaged in pupils’ learning.
- have high aspirations for our pupils, our schools and themselves.
Our staff and governors:
- are effectively supported and developed to ensure that all pupils benefit from a great education.
- are consulted, considered, and valued to achieve their career aspirations.
The key behaviours and values we strive to demonstrate to meet our aims are to be: Clear, Humble, Effective, Enabling and Responsive.
We are very proud of all of our schools and how they demonstrate our shared values in their own unique ways.
- Care first is a confidential counselling service available free of charge to staff. Care first can be contacted on their 24-hour helpline: 0800 174319. Click through for a link to a Care first article on coping with uncertainty during COVID-19.
- We are delighted to be welcoming back all pupils safely to our schools in the autumn term. School leaders have communicated their specific full opening plans to their school communities. Please click through for our Trust approach.
- Please click through for the links to the latest government guidance for parents and carers about the full opening of schools.
- During Term 6, together, our community re-produced our own version of Blessed by the NHS by the School Music Company. Well done to everyone that took part. You can see the video by clicking through to the link.
- Our community ran, jogged and walked miles at home to support Medway Hospital and their COVID-19 response. Together we achieved an incredible 959 miles and raised over £4,500 for Medway Hospital.
- We recognise that children are likely to be accessing online learning more frequently at this current time. It is very important therefore that children are being safe online. Please click through for our leaflet for parents and carers to support this.
- Many congratulations to the staff and governors at St. Margaret's Infants following their successful Ofsted inspection in Feb 2020. The report highlighted the excellent relationships between the community and the successful curriculum.
- Huge congratulations to Miss Staples at Brompton-Westbrook who successfully bid for £10,000 from the Community Fund.
- Many congratulations to Brompton-Westbrook Primary School who achieved the Gold Award Accreditation in July. The assessors' feedback noted that it was evident that children’s rights are embedded across the school and underpin every facet of school life.
- Many congratulations to Mrs Miles (Pastoral Teaching Assistant at Brompton-Westbrook) and Mrs Holley (Teaching Assistant at St. Margaret's Infants) who both recently successfully completed ELSA training provided by Medway’s Educational Psychology Service.
Full Opening of Schools - Autumn 2020
We are delighted to welcome back all pupils safely to our schools in the autumn term. We want to thank all of our magnificent pupils, parents and staff for their continued support. Our shared values and ethos have been central to achieve together the safety and well-being of our community.
School leaders have communicated their specific full opening plans to their school communities. Please click here for our Trust approach. Please do not hesitate to contact your child's school by phone or email or The Westbrook Trust office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding full opening.
The Westbrook Trust is a successful Trust and proud of its reputation for working with and supporting other schools in order to improve pupil outcomes. Our success is due to our strong moral purpose and passion for 'achievement for all pupils'. We believe in building effective partnerships with a range of stakeholders to achieve this. Sharing and collaborating is an essential part of this Trust’s ethos.
Thank you for taking the time to read the information on the website. Please follow the links to the individual academies and other information about The Westbrook Trust.